Sunday, January 1, 2017

More Starter Spawns and Johto Baby Hatches

Catching a lot of Kanto starters and hatched 2 new Johto babies.

Thanks to the holiday season advantages, I am getting a lot of Kanto starters which are Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle and also their evolutions along with increased chances of Johto baby hatches. I caught around 5 of each Kanto starters, I already had Squirtle (My first Pokemon Squirtle) and Bulbasaur, so Charmander was a new catch for me. Also, I caught a Charizard. When it suddenly appeared on map, it almost scared me. I hatched 3 eggs today, 2 of which gave me Johto region babies, Elekid and Cleffa. That makes my Johto baby collection of 4 out of 7 as I already have Igglybuff and Pichu. Let's talk some details and important tips for getting the most out of 2017 Pokemon Go Holiday event.

Increased chances of Johto Baby hathces

I had already been lucky to get Pichu and Igglybuff soon after I started playing but now it's time to hatch all those cute babies if you haven't already. Notice that the Pokemon that comes out of a egg is decided when you get it, so if you collected eggs before this event, you'll have average chances of hatching a Johto region Pokemon. If you looking forward to add Gen 2 babies to your Pokedex, then quickly get rid of previous eggs and collect new ones to have a better chance at hatching them. Also, the Pokestops are giving out a free 1 use incubator everyday, so you'll have more eggs hatching simultaneously. Let's take a look at my Elekid and Cleffa, I hatched earlier today. To know which eggs give you which baby Pokemon, refer to this previous post.

Elekid - Pokemon Go
Elekid, this one gave me so many candies that I can evolve him and power him up.

Cleffa - Pokemon Go
Cleffa, all these Johto babies are killing me with cuteness

Increased starter spawns

So, if you are missing on any of the 9 Kanto starter Pokemon (Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle and their evolutions). Seems like the starting 3 are now in abundance but their evolutions not so. But worry not, you'll have enough of starters to evolve them after the event. If you are short of candies to evolve them, then you can walk them, also transfer them for more candies.

Tip: Stock up Pokeballs and stop catching other Pokemon, not only Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat and Spearow but also rarer Pokemon like Christmas hat Pikachu to make sure you complete your collection with Kanto starters.

Saving your Pokeballs is very important as the Kanto starters have very low catch rate like a Charmander today took 10 Pokeballs to catch including 5 Ultra Balls. So, better avoid cathcing other Pokemon till the event ends.

Let's have a look at my new entries to Pokedex today including Machop with ofcourse Kanto starters Charmander and Charizard. Also, I evolved a Meowth for absolutely no reason. :/

Machop - Pokemon Go
Machop, he is Macho indeed

Charizard - Pokemon Go
Charizard, a low CP Pokemon but how often you see Charizard in the wild?

Charmander - Pokemon Go
My first Charmander, I went on to catch 4 more in the day

Persian - Pokemon Go
I encounter a lot of Meowth in the wild, I evolved one. See the cool CP?

Too many Pikachu

I am saying it again, its time to stop cathching the Christmas Pikachus. Atleast, stop if you have enough candies to evolve one into a Raichu. Pikachus take up a lot of Pokeballs and you may run out of them when you encounter a Kanto starter. Here is a screenshot from today, when I used my first Lure module in game and got three Pikachus around, I didn't engage with them. I am very happy about my decision, the Pokeballs saved came handy later on.

Too many Pikachu spawn in Pokemon Go

Here's my screenshot of Pikachus with hat, also Raichus with hat. This is after I have transferred many Pikachus with Hat already. I won't catch another Pikachu unless I get a very CP one or one without the hat, seriously I need one without hat as well.

Catching too many Pikachu with hat and Raichu with hat in Pokemon GO

That's it for the first post of 2017. Happy New Year and Happy Catching Pokemon in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment