Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Creating my biggest Control Field so far in Ingress

I just created my biggest control field in Ingress capturing 90,000+ Mind Units.

I had one key of a portal in Lalru, Punjab, India and one portal somewhere at the border of Zirakpur and Chandigarh each. I used one to link them together yesterday. They were attacked two times before I created this control field but fortunately, I was able to save them. Using the Ingress Intel Map, I was able to find out that I won't be able to create a big control field from Chandigarh because Team Enlightened is blocking it. I had to go to one of the portals on the edges of Mohali to link it with these 2 portals in Lalru and Zirakpur. I could use one of the portals in Phase 11 to do so. I did the same. I chose one portal at Neighborhood park in Phase 11, Mohali and created this control field linking the three portals:

My biggest control field in Ingress so far. Created around Chandigarh.
My biggest control field in Ingress so far. Created around Chandigarh.
My Illuminator medal jumped from Bronze to Silver in one go. You only need 50,000 MUs to get silver on Illuminator. This one control field gave me almost double that amount.

Comparing my field with other giant fields people create around India and World, it seems nothing. This is a good thing as it motivates me to travel more, discover new portals and link them to create even bigger fields. My field completely disappears in comparison to some of the bigger ones nearby.
Ingress Portals North India - 29 November 2017
Ingress Portals North India - 29 November 2017
With this tiny achievement, I am appearing for some time at least, the top agent in my area.
Becoming top agent of your area - Ingress
Appearing as the top agent in my area. Also, notice the big bump in Resistance bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment