Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pokemon Go Solstice Event

Registered many new Pokemon during the event including a Lapras.
I don't think any event in Pokemon Go has been as good as this one before at least for me. I have earned the silver Ice type Pokemon medal, almost there for a gold Fire type medal, caught many new Pokemon for my Pokedex and gained a heck lot of experience. The new ones include Houndoom, Swimub, Piloswine, Lapras and Quilava. Also, got a Hitmontop from a recently hatched Tyrogue.

Reached golden jogger medal during the event by walking 1000 km. Based on my calculations I have walked 7 kms on average a day since I started playing Pokemon Go. I hardly did any walking before.

Around 24 hours before the event goes offline, I managed to catch a Lapras. I was a fun experience. I had just came home from a walk. I forgot to turn the app off on my phone which drained the battery but thanks to that I noticed a Lapras on my radar. It was around 500 meters away. So, I took my motorbike instead. I parked it near the Pokestop and made a small sprint of 20-30 meters to reach this boy and there it was, my first Lapras. While I running for it, I prayed for it to be extremely low CP so I can easily catch it and RNGesus listened.

Some fire types spawn during the Fire & Ice Solstice event

The moment I noticed the wild Lapras spawn on my phone.

Catching the Lapras earned me the Silver Ice-type Pokemon medal.

Wild Rapidash
Next post will probably be about the new Gym update which is the biggest update to Pokemon Go yet, till then enjoy this glorious Rapidash.

No comments:

Post a Comment